Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Greek 2: The First of Many Complaints


...So I am about to start my second semester of Greek. I hate to be negative about a class that is for my major, but I am really dreading it. I wish I had a reason other than “It’s hard” for why I don’t want to take another semester of it, but mainly that is why. I don’t enjoy going to a class where I am miserable the whole time and leave everyday feeling as though I will probably fail and my mind fried. I also hate to be negative about a class with such a cool prof. as Dr. Williamson. When he gets off on little tangents I love it. I understand its importance for me though. The New Testament is written in Greek and as a pastor it is important for me to be able to read the New Testament. I just wish someone would take the time to translate it to English.


4 comments:

Daniel said...

Sorry I didn't tell you I had a blog. I didn't tell anyone actually. I haven't written much. I'm more sorry you have Greek II

Heath Countryman said...

Step 1: Survive Greek.

Step 2: Forget it all.

Step 3: Buy a good commentary that deals heavily with the Greek, like Word Biblical.

Step 4: Pretend like you actually know what you are talking about when you say stuff in a sermon like, "In the original language..."

Trust me, it works. :)

Daniel Coutz said...

I am sincerely conisdering adopting your plan as my own. I'm pretty good at step 2 already.

Christina said...

Dan, you will make it. I promise. I felt the exact same way last spring, but now I look back and am so glad I put up with it. I finding myself use Greek ALL the time. I thought it would kill me to sit through another Greek class again but then I ended up taking Greek Readings last fall (!). Is there no SI for Greek this time around? If you need some help, please let me know. I needed some encouragement then, and I would love to pass some around. :)