Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Gospel

I pose to you, my dear bloggling friend, a question. I am not sure what has spawned this question in my mind or even when exactly. Maybe talking with a friend and trying to figure out what exactly I'm passionate about. Maybe sitting in Life and Teachings of Jesus. Maybe while translating a passage from koine greek I saw the word euangelion (gospel). Whatever/whenever it is/was this question has been gnawing at me. Maybe the Holy Spirit's involved, I'm not sure, but here it is.

What is the Gospel? What is this good news that we are supposed to be about? I know entire books have been written on this topic, but I'd prefer to hear some ideas from some friends on here. If someone was to come up and ask you "What is the gospel?" what would you say to them?

2 comments:

Heath Countryman said...

At the risk of sounding old fashioned or cliche'd, it is John 3:16.

Sometimes the most obvious answers really are the best ones...

Radical Believer said...

I'd tell them to read Mark 1:14-15, then think about what the Kingdom of God/heaven/eternal life actually is.