Thursday, January 1, 2009

The Most Impacting Event of 2008

(Picture of the team in front of a picture of paraguay in the dining hall at Betania)


I wasn't going to do the cliche thing of writing a post about the New Year or the Old Year but, I just read the letter I wrote to myself while in Paraguay that I just got this week in the mail. I am going to allow you to read this letter (minus a couple of sections because they are a little too personal). It is less of a letter to me and more of a prayer to God. At least it isn't a list right?

Lord,
Thank you so much for allowing me to come to Paraguay. Thank-you for answering my prayer way backin September when i told you I wanted to do somthing exciting for you and something that would make a difference for you and then the next weekend you sent Michal to Sonfest and she told me to think about comin with her to Paraguay. Thank you for parents who supported me and other friends and family supported me.
Thank you for allowing me to see your people here. I'm repeatedly blessed when i see their faithfullness and love. Thank you for the relationships that you have formed. For getting to know the Traush's better, meeting Benji and Cheryl and Sharon. For Jose, Ramone, Carlos, Analu, Berto and his wife, for Bruno and his wife. For Benides Anni and Vivian. For Edgar and little Edgar and
Lord, you have broken my heart for the people of Paraguay, especially for those in the villages on the river. Lord their lack of a pastor gnaws at me. Lord please call someone to pastor those people, even if that person is me. Bring someone to care for, love, shepherd, disciple, and evangelize them. Lord I also want to be involved even if you don't call me to pastor these people. I want to support the person you do call in anyway I can, through prayers, financially and any other way you lay on my heart.
Lord continue to break my heart for lost, broken, hurting dying people and people without hope. I want to whisper hope to them. Thank you for allowing me to preach your word to the congregation here at Betania.
Lord continue to teach me what it means to follow you. Continue to use these experiences to shape me. Continue to mold me and be patient with my short-comings.
Your Son

(My really sweet signature)

Believe it or not the people without a pastor contine to gnaw at me. I still miss the people I met even though I only knew them for 2 weeks (even before I got this letter). I am still impacted by my experiences there. And I still use pictures I took as backgrounds on my laptop.

1 comment:

John D. said...

What do you have against cliche lists?