Saturday, November 29, 2008

Certainties

I have come to two conclusions, 4 in the morning seems to be when I come to my best conclusions. The first conclusion is that females are not certain about anything and don't really know what they want. This is particularly disturbing because of my second conclusion: Males are not certain about anything and don't really know what they want. It would be okay if one of the two genders were certain about something because then they could say to the other gender "Oh...you're not certain about that, oh well that doesn't matter because I am." So because of both genders not knowing anything for sure both walk around waiting till they become sure of something and who knows if that will ever happen.

It might be okay if it was just genders in general that were unsure of everything, but I am starting to suspect that no one has ever been certain about anything. Maybe people have just decided, since they aren't sure about anything, that this or that was what they were going to be sure about and then go around arguing, being angry at and trying to convince those who aren't sure about that particular thing. Then some people who weren't sure about that thing decided "...well what the heck I wasn't sure about that anyway and he sure seems to be certain about it so I guess I'm sure of it too." Maybe that's all life is, trying to convince other people to be sure of what you have decided to be sure of. I think maybe the less sleep I get the more cynical I become, but I'm not really sure of that so please don't try to convince anyone of the surety of that conjecture.

2 comments:

Heath Countryman said...

Did you read my post last week on certainty? We must be thinking some of the same thoughts... although mine were more of a theological base than a girl problem... lol.

John D. said...

Maybe if everyone is uncertain about everything, that means at some point and time we will be uncertain about uncertainty. Quite possibly that means we can be certain about some things at particular points and times?
But I don't know for sure...
I'm kind of uncertain on this.