Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Questions

What does it mean to be a pastor?

What's the value of being ordained?

What if I want to work for some random ministry not affiliated with the Church of the Nazarene?

Why can't I just build THE CHURCH even if its not the COTN?

What would I do if I couldn't pastor?

Is it wrong not to want to work except at ministry?

How does someone who doesn't have it together help other people who don't have it together?

How much should a person agree with a specific denomination's stances on issues before being a member? A pastor?

Why does a 3-hour shift seem to take so long, but a three hour nap is over so quickly?

Why did the people at the Tower of Babel have to be so stupid?

8 comments:

Heath Countryman said...

I am guessing that last question has to do with Greek... hated it too...

These are great questions... some of which I didn't start asking until I was neck deep in ministry. I wish I had explored them at your age...

Mind if I steal this list and do a series of posts on my bog in response?

Daniel Coutz said...

No I would appreciate your opinion a lot actually

Anonymous said...

WOW, I ask those same questions all the time, and I graduated seminary over a year ago!

Mount Vernon will do that to ya! Though not a graduate, I went to the 'other' school (Ohio Christian-Circleville Bible College).

Perhaps when I'm down your way we could have lunch. I'd love to talk with you about some of these. I'm sure you probably know Grant and Jared from Ashland OH.

Daniel Coutz said...

I would enjoy that Amy let me know when you are around. What are Grant and Jared's last name?

Heath Countryman said...

I started posting answers today... my first one is up...

Daniel Coutz said...

I saw it around 2:30 am this morning. I appreciate your insight a lot.

Tyler DeLong said...

Dan...I think you may know some of my input on these questions already, so I wont blab about them now...

read some nouwen, he has a book by the name of "the Wounded Healer," it is about how we are all called to help people but how do we do that when we our selves are in need of healing...

J.S. said...

these are good questions, haha.